Monday, February 6, 2012

Perpective 06: Zzzzzz

I never get tired of staring at him since the day he came to my life. Looking at him while sleeping is my favorite pass time. And each moment brings me to simple bliss. For couple of days now, his been agitated and upset. All because of HERPANGINA - is a viral illness that involves ulcers and sores (lesions) inside the mouth, a sore throat, and fever.

Symptoms

  • Fever
  • Headache
  • Loss of appetite
  • Sore throat, or painful swallowing
  • Ulcers in the mouth and throat, and similar sores on the feet, hands, and buttocks

According to his Pedia, Dra. N, this type of illness is something that we just have to go through like chickenpox and let it cure overtime. Just use paracetamol to stop fever.

Poor boy. He can't sleep well. He's irritated. He can't swallow and eat the way he used to. He even rejected my boob and keeps on drooling. It must be painful every time he swallows. And to top it all, he's been bawling and wailing non-stop, reason he has hoarse voice now.

It's a tiring day and night not only for him but for us. For all of us including A, and my Mom. Good Heavens, he is doing well now. He starting to smile and laughs at us again when we play with him and little by little, he drinks his milk (still through feeding bottle). I hope when I offer my boob tonight, he will now accept it.

Rest well my sweetie. Mommy will not go to work until you get well.

Finally....Sweet Slumber

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails